This recipe for making a 5-minute lemon raspberry mug cake is an absolute game-changer; no need to make a full cake to enjoy this little treat! It’s just such a quick and easy way to make a ridiculously tasty dessert completely from scratch.
How to Make a Lemon Raspberry Mug Cake
Here is exactly how easy it is to prepare this lemon raspberry mug cake:
- Combine the dry ingredients. Add the all purpose flour, baking powder, and sugar to a small bowl and mix to combine.
- Whisk. Add the milk, your choice of either melted butter or vegetable oil, and lemon zest and whisk to combine.
- Fold. Fold in the fresh raspberries.
- Prepare to microwave. Pour the batter into a large microwave safe mug.
- Microwave. Microwave the mug cake on high for 1 ½ – 2 minutes or until just firm to the touch with a toothpick inserted into the center coming out clean.
- Serve. Serve with heavy whipped cream.
3 Of Our Top Tips for Making Mug Cakes
Here are a few of our tops tips when it comes to making mug cakes; if you’re having any issues getting your mug cakes to turn out properly, then be sure to keep these tips in mind:
- Use a different flour. I usually make most of my homemade mug cake recipes with the combo all purpose flour and baking powder. However, every now and then I’ll run into a recipe where that combination just doesn’t quite cut it and I end up with a mug cake that isn’t rising properly. Switching to a self-rising flour is a great way to easily resolve this issue.
- Monitor the microwave time. Mug cakes are notorious for being super easy to accidentally overcook. You’re going to be far better off if you undercook your mug cakes as opposed to overcooking them. It’s easy to fire your mug cake into the microwave for a few extra seconds to fix if it’s undercooked but once you overcook your mug cake, it’s overcooked forever.
- Enjoy with your favorite toppings. Mug cakes can be delicious when enjoyed on their own but they’re even better when served with just the right topping. For this particular lemon raspberry mug cake recipe, you can use either heavy whipped cream or your preferred mug cake topping. A few other great options include fresh berries, chocolate sauce (or even raspberry sauce), or chopped nuts (such as almonds, pecans, or walnuts).
5-Minute Lemon Raspberry Mug Cake (Quick and Easy)
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tbsp melted butter or vegetable oil
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp fresh raspberries
For serving (optional):
- whipped heavy cream
- In a small bowl, place the flour, baking powder and sugar.
- Mix to combine.
- Add the milk, melted butter and lemon zest and whisk to combine.
- Fold in the fresh raspberries.
- Pour the batter in a large microwave safe mug.
- Microwave on high for 1 ½ -2 minutes or until just firm to touch and toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Serve with whipped heavy cream.