The Best Lemon Lavender Cake Ever (I love this cake recipe!)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- 4 large eggs, separated into 4 egg yolks and 4 egg whites
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 ½ tsp dried lavender
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 ½ cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line and 8 inch springform pan with parchment paper.
- Combine the almond flour and baking powder and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment place the egg whites, lemon juice and pinch of salt.
- When the egg whites start begin to increase in volume, add ¼ cup of coconut sugar.
- Whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Place the egg yolks, remaining coconut sugar, lemon zest, dried lavender and almond flour mixture in another bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the yolk mixture, working in batches. Do not overmix.
- Carefully transfer the batter to the prepared pan.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown.