Quick and Easy Lemon Blueberry Muffins with Lemon Drizzle
For the muffins:
- 2 cups plus 2 tsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 ½ cups fresh or frozen blueberries
For the lemon glaze:
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 ½ tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a bowl add the blueberries and 2 teaspoons of flour and toss to combine.
- Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper cups. Set aside.
- In a bowl combine the remaining flour, baking powder and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment beat the eggs and sugar.
- Add the vanilla extract, lemon juice, lemon zest, sour cream and oil and beat until combined.
- Add the flour mixture and beat until incorporated.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Spoon the batter into muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 ºF for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- To make the glaze, add all the ingredients to a bowl and mix to combine.
- Drizzle the glaze over the muffins.