Ever since I decided to put more of a focus on healthy eating and cutting out junk foods, it’s been interesting coming up with a variety of alternative ingredients to use in my recipes. Sometimes things are pretty simple and straightforward, like using honey as an all natural sweetening agent in place of refined sugars. I end up going through a ton of honey for that very reason. As a matter of fact, I go through so much honey that I’ve even started to experiment with it, which is how I discovered this lavender honey.
Even though it takes two weeks before the honey is ready to go, it’s still super easy to prepare. Simply mix together one cup of raw honey with two tablespoons of dried lavender flowers in a jar.
Cover the jar with a lid and leave the flowers to infuse with the honey for two weeks. You’re then going to want to leave the jar soak in warm water for at least five minutes before you can strain it into a clean jar using a fine nylon mesh strainer or cheesecloth.
(You may also like: 2-Ingredient Lavender Simple Syrup for Lemonade, Cocktails and Coffee)Print
Easy Lavender-Infused Raw Honey Recipe (So many uses!)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 1 cup 1x
- 1 cup raw honey
- 2 tbsp dried lavender flowers
- Place the raw honey and dried lavender flowers in a jar and mix to combine.
- Cover with a lid and let the herbs infuse for at least 2 weeks.
- Place the jar in a warm water and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Using a fine nylon mesh strainer or cheesecloth, strain the honey in a clean jar.
- Cover with a lid and store in a cool, dry place.