When it comes to quick dinners, you can’t go wrong with this recipe for honey garlic pork chops. You’ll be making a homemade honey garlic sauce from scratch to smother the juicy pork chops in, which will help keep it wonderfully moist and tender. Not bad at all for a recipe that you can get done in just a little over 30 minutes.
How to Make Honey Garlic Pork Chops
You’ll start out by browning the pork chops to perfection before making the delicious honey garlic sauce; you’ll then finally combine the two to make one delicious and nutritious pork chop dinner:
- Season. Season the pork chops with salt, black pepper and garlic powder.
- Prepare the cooking skillet. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook the pork chops. Cook the pork chops for 4 to 5 minutes per side (or until golden brown).
- Remove the pork chops. Remove the pork chops from the skillet.
- Melt the butter. Add the unsalted butter to the skillet and melt it over medium heat.
- Cook the garlic. Add the minced garlic cloves and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Add the honey, chicken broth and rice wine vinegar and stir to combine.
- Cook. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce has thickened to your liking.
- Season. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Return the pork chops. Add the pork chops back to the skillet.
- Spoon. Spoon the honey garlic sauce over top of the pork chops.
- Garnish. Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley.
- Serve. Serve the pork chops warm with your favorite side.
3 Quick Tips to Remember for Cooking Pork Chops
Here are 3 helpful tips for cooking pork chops to help make sure that you’re nailing recipes like this one every time:
- Season the meat. Pork chops are doubly important to season properly as they’re admittedly a little bland on their own. You should either use a seasoning mix (like the salt, black pepper and garlic powder used in this recipe) or you can even brine the pork chops for up to 4 hours.
- Bring them to room temperature. You should never take pork chops out of the fridge and immediately start to cook them. Instead, take them out between 15 to 20 minutes before you plan on cooking them in order to give them time to settle to room temperature.
- Avoid under (or over) cooking. Unless you’re a seasoned pro when it comes to cooking pork chops, it’s usually safest to use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the meat. You should be aiming to cook the pork chops to an internal temperature of 145℉.
Can I Freeze These Honey Garlic Pork Chops?
If you’re planning on freezing these honey garlic pork chops, you’ll first want to make sure that you allow them to cool off completely after cooking. Transfer the pork chops into a freezer-safe airtight container and store them in the freezer for up to 5 to 6 months.
You can also store the pork chops in the fridge in an airtight container in this same way for up to 3 to 4 days.
(Also try: Perfectly Cooked Garlic Butter Steak)Print
Honey Garlic Pork Chops
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper, to season
- Season the pork chops with salt, black pepper and garlic powder.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook the pork chops 4-5 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Remove the pork chops from the skillet.
- Add the butter to the skillet and melt it over medium heat.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the honey, chicken soup and rice vinegar and stir to combine.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, unit the sauce thicken to your liking.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Add the pork chops back to the skillet.
- Spoon the sauce over the pork chops.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.