Crave-worthy Tomato Sauce Recipe using Fresh Tomatoes, Butter and Onion
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 5 tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 pounds ripe tomatoes, chopped
- salt to taste
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Set a food mill fitted with the disk with the largest holes over a pot.
- Transfer the tomato sauce with any of juices to the mill and puree.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Serve immediately.