When I first started to experiment with using hibiscus in food and drink recipes, I didn’t know what to expect. A great example of what I mean by that is this easy recipe for making a sweet and tangy hibiscus lemonade. The floral notes of the hibiscus pair well with the lemon juice without overpowering the drink–a must-try for those who are new to experimenting with hibiscus.
How to Make Hibiscus Lemonade
On top of using dried hibiscus flowers in this recipe, everything else that goes into making the lemonade is 100% natural as well.
Thankfully, you won’t be needing much else to whip up this lemonade from scratch: four cups of water, two lemons, and ⅓ cup or so of raw honey.
(You may also like: 4-Ingredient Strawberry Hibiscus Iced Tea)Print
Hibiscus Lemonade (Easy Recipe!)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 3 tbsp dried hibiscus flower
- 4 cups water
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1/3 cup raw honey or to taste
- Add 2 cups of water to a saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the dried hibiscus.
- Steep for 15 minutes.
- Strain the tea into a pitcher.
- Add the lemon juice and honey and stir to combine.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Serve with ice.