When I first started to experiment with using hibiscus in food and drink recipes, I didn’t know what to expect. A great example of what I mean by that is this easy recipe for making a sweet and tangy hibiscus lemonade. The floral notes of the hibiscus pair well with the lemon juice without overpowering the drink–a must-try for those who are new to experimenting with hibiscus.
On top of using dried hibiscus flowers in this recipe, everything else that goes into making the lemonade is 100% natural as well.
Thankfully, you won’t be needing much else to whip up this lemonade from scratch: four cups of water, two lemons, and ⅓ cup or so of raw honey.
(You may also like: 4-Ingredient Strawberry Hibiscus Iced Tea)Print
Sweet and Tangy Hibiscus Lemonade (Easy Recipe!)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 3 tbsp dried hibiscus flower
- 4 cups water
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1/3 cup raw honey or to taste
- Add 2 cups of water to a saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the dried hibiscus.
- Steep for 15 minutes.
- Strain the tea into a pitcher.
- Add the lemon juice and honey and stir to combine.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Serve with ice.