Today’s recipe is all about how to make your own caramelized grilled peaches. The peaches are super satisfying (and quite nutritious!) when served with your choice of either Greek yogurt or vanilla ice cream and chopped walnuts.
How to Make Caramelized Grilled Peaches
Simply follow these directions and you’ll be well on your way to making this scrumptious peach dessert:
- Prepare the cinnamon sugar. Combine the cinnamon and brown sugar in a small bowl.
- Prepare the grill. Preheat the grill pan to medium.
- Brush. Brush the peach halves with melted butter.
- Cook. Place the peaches cut-side down on the grill pan and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Turn. Turn the peaches over.
- Sprinkle. Sprinkle the peaches with the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Cook. Cook until the sugar has melted and caramelized (about 4 to 6 minutes).
- Serve. Serve with Greek yogurt or ice cream and chopped walnuts (if desired).
How to Properly Caramelize Fruits
Here are a few quick tips to keep in mind to help with properly caramelizing fruits:
- Just about all types of fruits can be caramelized but if you’re a novice then you should stick with more firm pieces of fruit to begin with.
- Great caramelizing candidates if you’re just getting started are peaches, apples, pears, mangoes, and bananas.
- Use a heavy pan when cooking your fruit and sugar together.
- Some recipes will call for using a blowtorch to caramelize your desserts; they can definitely make things a lot easier.
Add Grilled Peaches to These Recipes
As good as these caramelized grilled peaches are on their own, they’re even better when served with the following foods:
- Vanilla ice cream
- Grilled fruit skewers
- Grilled fruit salads
- Bacon wrapped grilled peaches
- Grilled fruit sandwiches
(You may also like: Grilled Watermelon Steaks)Print
Caramelized Grilled Peaches for a Healthy and Satisfying Dessert
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 4 ripe peaches, cut in half, pits removed
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
For serving (optional):
- Greek yogurt or ice cream
- chopped walnuts
- In a small bowl combine the sugar and cinnamon.
- Preheat grill pan to medium.
- Brush the peaches with melted butter.
- Place the peaches cut-side down on the grill pan and cook for 3-4 minute.
- Turn the peaches over.
- Sprinkle with sugar mixture and cook until the sugar has melted and caramelized, about 4-6 minutes.
- Serve with Greek yogurt or ice cream and chopped walnuts.