Crave-worthy Green Beans with Bacon and Caramelized Onions
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 4 bacon strips, chopped
- 1 large onions, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 ½ tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Add 1 pound of green beans and cook for 5-6 minutes or until just tender.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the green beans to a large bowl with ice water.
- Let them cool for 4 minutes.
- Thoroughly drain the beans in a colander.
- In a large skillet cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp.
- Remove from the skillet.
- Chop the bacon into small pieces and set aside.
- In the same skillet add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes.
- Add the vinegar and sugar and stir to combine.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are golden brown.
- Add the green beans and toss to combine.
- Stir in bacon.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper and serve.