Cooking a whole steak can be tricky, but simply cut it into cubes and you’ve got yourself a steak meal in no time at all with this 10-minute garlic butter steak bites recipe. You’ll be using juicy sirloin steak pieces in combination with a delightful homemade garlic butter (made with real garlic and red pepper flakes!) to make one soul-satisfying high-protein meal.
How to Make Garlic Butter Steak Bites
You’ll first need to cook the sirloin steak bites before then preparing the flavorful garlic butter completely from scratch:
- Season. Season the sirloin steak pieces with salt and black pepper.
- Prepare the cooking skillet. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over high heat.
- Cook the steak. Add the steak pieces to the skillet and cook for 3 minutes without stirring.
- Keep cooking. Continue to cook the steak for an additional 5 minutes (or until done), stirring occasionally.
- Lower the heat. Remove the steak pieces from the skillet and lower the heat to medium.
- Melt the butter. Add the butter to the skillet and allow it to melt.
- Cook the garlic and pepper. Add the minced garlic cloves and red pepper flakes and cook for 30 seconds.
- Remove from the heat. Remove the skillet from the heat.
- Toss. Return the steak pieces to the skillet and toss to coat.
- Garnish. Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley.
- Serve. Serve the steak bites warm.
6 Best Steak Cuts to Use for 10-Minute Recipes
Here are our top suggestions for the 6 best types of steak cuts to use when making quick and easy 10-minute recipes like this one:
- Sirloin steak
- Skirt steak
- Flank steak (can be helpful to marinate or braise beforehand)
- Round steak
- T-bone steak
- Tenderloin steak
How to Store Leftover Garlic Butter Steak Bites
In the unlikely event that you end up with leftovers of these garlic butter steak bites (they’re seriously that addictive), you’ll be happy to know that they’re super easy to store as leftovers.
First, let the steak bites cool off completely and then transfer them into an airtight container. Seal the container up tightly and store in the fridge for up to 4 to 5 days.
Alternatively, you can also freeze your leftover steak bites. Use a freezer-safe airtight container to store the bites after cooling for up to 6 months. When you’re ready to enjoy them again, allow the steak bites to thaw out overnight in the fridge before reheating.
(Also try: Garlic Butter Steak)Print
Garlic Butter Steak Bites
- Prep Time: 1 minute
- Cook Time: 9 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pound sirloin steak cut into bite size pieces
- 2 tbsp butter, unsalted
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- salt and black pepper or to taste
- Season the steak pieces with salt and black pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over high heat.
- Add the steak pieces and cook for 3 minutes without stirring.
- Continue to cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until done.
- Remove the steak from the skillet.
- Lower the heat to medium.
- Add the butter to the skillet.
- After the butter is melted, add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for 30 seconds.
- Remove from the heat.
- Return the steak pieces to the skillet and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.