This recipe will teach you how to make a save-worthy garlic Parmesan wing sauce completely from scratch with real garlic and all the flavorful aroma it provides. Not only does the sauce go amazingly well with chicken wings, but you can also use it as a deliciously cheesy (and garlicky!) dip afterwards as well.
How to Make Garlic Parmesan Wing Sauce
When it comes to homemade chicken wing sauces, this garlic Parmesan sauce just might be the most flavorful sauce you’ll ever try:
- Preheat the oven. Preheat your oven to 425℉.
- Prepare the baking sheet. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place the rack. Place a metal rack on the baking sheet.
- Arrange the chicken wings. Arrange the chicken wings on the rack.
- Season. Season to taste with salt.
- Bake. Bake the chicken wings in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Flip and bake. Flip the chicken wings and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- Begin preparing the sauce. While your chicken wings are baking, add the butter and extra virgin olive oil to a small saucepan and melt over medium heat.
- Cook the garlic. Reduce the heat to low and add in the minced garlic. Cook for 30 minutes.
- Sauce the wings. Add the chicken wings to a large bowl and pour the garlic butter mixture over top of them.
- Toss. Add the grated Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley and toss to combine.
- Serve. Serve immediately.
3 Top Tips for Baking Chicken Wings in the Oven
Here are 3 handy tips to keep in mind for baking chicken wings in the oven; they should help to make sure that your wings are turning out perfectly every time:
- Use a metal rack. Using a metal rack placed on top of a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil works wonders for making sure that your chicken wings don’t dry out while they bake.
- Don’t forget the seasoning. Many people make the mistake of going straight to saucing their wings; instead, you should first briefly season the wings with a bit of salt before initially baking them. This one tiny extra step goes a long way towards improving the overall flavor of your wings.
- Dry your wings before cooking. If you want to end up with perfectly crispy wings, make sure that you’re being very thorough when drying your wings after removing them from their packaging. The more moisture that you can get out of them, the crispier they will be after baking.
How to Store Homemade Garlic Parmesan Wing Sauce
You’ll want to first allow your garlic Parmesan sauce to cool completely before transferring it into an airtight container. Keep it stored in the fridge where it will stay good for up to 5 to 7 days.
It’s not recommended to freeze any leftovers of this particular sauce recipe; it tends to lose its texture when thawing out due to the ingredients used.
(Also try: Addictive Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs)Print
Save-worthy Garlic Parmesan Wing Sauce
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place a metal rack on the baking sheet.
- Arrange the chicken wings on the rack.
- Season with salt.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes then flip and bake for another 20 minutes.
- To make the sauce, in a small saucepan add the butter and olive oil and melt over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the garlic.
- Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken wings to a large bowl.
- Pour the garlic butter mixture over the wings.
- Add the Parmesan and parsley and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately.