Did you know you can make the best Asian garlic noodles in only 20 minutes thanks to a few time-saving techniques? Not only are these garlic noodles super quick to make, but they turn out incredibly savory and oh so addictive because of the blend of sauces and spices.
How to Make Asian Garlic Noodles
The first thing that you’ll need to do is cook the spaghetti noodles before you can combine them with the delicious homemade garlic sauce:
- Boil. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Cook the spaghetti. Cook the spaghetti according to the package directions until al dente.
- Drain. Drain the spaghetti noodles.
- Begin preparing the sauce. While the noodles are boiling, add the soy sauce, fish sauce, oyster sauce and sugar to a small bowl and mix to combine. Set aside.
- Prepare the cooking skillet. Add the butter to a skillet and melt over medium low heat.
- Add the oil. Add the extra virgin olive oil.
- Cook the garlic and scallions. Add the minced garlic cloves and thinly sliced scallions and cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes (or until just fragrant).
- Stir in the sauce. Stir in the soy sauce mixture and cook for 30 seconds.
- Toss. Add the spaghetti noodles and shredded Parmesan cheese and toss to combine.
- Cook. Cook for one more minute (or until the noodles have soaked up the sauce).
- Serve. Serve immediately.
Are Garlic Noodles Vegan?
Unfortunately, this particular Asian garlic noodle recipe is not vegan as it is. However, it’s quite easy to tweak the recipe in order to make it 100% vegan-friendly. Here are a couple of suggestions on how to make it work:
- Use vegetarian oyster sauce as a replacement for oyster sauce; it’s made with mushrooms and mushroom extracts instead of oysters.
- Use coconut aminos as a replacement for fish sauce.
- And lastly, you can replace the butter with coconut oil.
How to Store Leftover Asian Garlic Noodles
You’ll be able to store leftover Asian garlic noodles in the fridge for up to 2 to 3 days. Just make sure that you keep them sealed up tightly in an airtight container to keep them fresh for as long as possible.
(Also try: Chili Garlic Sauce)Print
Oh So Good Asian Garlic Noodles
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 7 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 scallions, greens only, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Cook the spaghetti according to package directions until al dente.
- Drain the pasta.
- While the water is boiling, in a small bowl combine the soy sauce, fish sauce, oyster sauce and sugar. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium low heat.
- Add the olive oil.
- Add the garlic and scallions and cook and stir just until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the soy sauce mixture and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the pasta and Parmesan and toss to combine.
- Cook for one more minute or until the noodles soak up the sauce.