3-Minute Garlic Mayo
- 1 large egg
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the egg, garlic and lemon juice in the blender cup or jar that just fits the head of your immersion blender.
- Add the vegetable oil and olive oil and allow to settle for 15 seconds.
- Place head of immersion blender at the bottom of cup and turn it on high speed.
- Do not move the head for 30 seconds or until a white, creamy, thick mayo forms at the bottom by the head.
- As mayonnaise forms, slowly tilt and lift the head of the immersion blender until all oil is emulsified.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.