5-Ingredient Garlic Confit Recipe (So many uses!)
Recipes like this 5-ingredient garlic confit are perfect for those times when you’re craving a meal that has a bit of extra oomph when it comes to garlic flavoring. It’s so easy to prepare this garlic confit from scratch ahead of time so you can cut down on some prep time on those busier days.
How to Make Garlic Confit
You’ll simply need to combine two cups of peeled garlic cloves with a savory blend of herbs and spices to make this garlic confit from scratch:
- Combine the ingredients. Add the peeled garlic cloves, thyme sprigs, bay leaves and extra virgin olive oil to a medium saucepan.
- Simmer. Simmer the ingredients over low heat for 30 minutes (or until tender).
- Cool. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Transfer to a jar. Transfer the garlic, herbs, chiles and olive oil to a jar.
- Use or store. Either use the garlic confit immediately or store until ready to use.
How to Use Garlic Confit
Garlic confit goes amazingly well with a wide variety of dishes. Here are some tasty suggestions to get you started:
- Spread it as a topping on burgers, sandwiches and crackers.
- Mash together with butter to make easy homemade garlic butter.
- Add to roasted vegetables or mashed potatoes.
- Pair with your favorite salads.
- Mix it in with your favorite dips.
How to Store Garlic Confit
As long as you’re keeping the garlic confit sealed up tightly inside of a jar and storing it in the coldest part of your fridge, it should keep for up to 4 months. Just be aware that it will maintain its best quality within the first 2 weeks – any longer than that and the risk for botulism increases.
You can also freeze the confit. It can be frozen either with the oil or separately if you puree the garlic.
(Also try: Whole Oven Roasted Garlic)Print
5-Ingredient Garlic Confit
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 3.5 cups 1x
- 2 cups peeled garlic cloves
- 6 thyme sprigs
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 dried red chiles
- 2 cups pure olive oil
- Add the garlic, thyme, chiles, bay leaves and olive oil to a medium saucepan.
- Simmer over low heat for 30 minutes or until tender.
- Allow to cool.
- Transfer the garlic, herbs, chiles and olive oil to a jars.
- Seal and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Store in the refrigerator up to 4 months.
Ask a Question Rate this Recipe