Roasted Garlic Chive Dip
- 2 heads garlic
- 1 ½ cups sour cream
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup chopped chives
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Discard the papery outer layer of the whole head of garlic.
- Cut the top off head.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Wrap the garlic in aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40-45 minutes or until tender.
- Squeeze the roasted garlic out of paper shell of individual cloves.
- Mash the roasted garlic with fork.
- Add the sour cream, mayonnaise, mashed garlic and chopped chives to a bowl and mix to combine.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.