Making your own homemade dips to serve along with your favorite appetizers is a great snack idea for your next social gathering. With that in mind, why not try this recipe for making an OMG-worthy roasted garlic chive dip? It’s such a crowd favorite when served with chips, veggies, fries and more.
How to Make Roasted Garlic Chive Dip
You’ll first need to roast your garlic heads before combining them with the remaining ingredients to make this yummy roasted garlic chive dip from scratch:
- Preheat the oven. Preheat your oven to 400℉.
- Prep the garlic. Discard the papery outer layer of the whole head of garlic before cutting the top off of the head.
- Drizzle. Drizzle the garlic with extra virgin olive oil.
- Wrap. Wrap the garlic in aluminum foil.
- Bake. Bake the garlic in the preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes (or until tender).
- Squeeze. Squeeze the roasted garlic out of the paper shells of individual cloves.
- Mash. Mash the roasted garlic with a fork.
- Prepare the dip. Add the sour cream, mayonnaise, mashed garlic and chopped chives to a bowl and mix to combine.
- Season. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Use or store. Either use the dip immediately or refrigerate until ready to use.
What to Serve with Garlic Chive Dip
Wondering what to serve with your homemade garlic chive dip? Here are some of my top suggestions to get you started:
- Tortilla chips
- Roasted veggies
- French fries
- Potato wedges
- Pita bread
How Long Does Garlic Chive Dip Stay Fresh?
If you’re not going to be using the garlic chive dip immediately, transfer it into an airtight container and store in the fridge until you’re ready to use. When stored in the fridge like this, the dip will keep for up to 5 days.
(Also try: Garlic Aioli)Print
Roasted Garlic Chive Dip
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 2 cups 1x
- 2 heads garlic
- 1 ½ cups sour cream
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup chopped chives
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Discard the papery outer layer of the whole head of garlic.
- Cut the top off head.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Wrap the garlic in aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40-45 minutes or until tender.
- Squeeze the roasted garlic out of paper shell of individual cloves.
- Mash the roasted garlic with fork.
- Add the sour cream, mayonnaise, mashed garlic and chopped chives to a bowl and mix to combine.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.