This recipe will teach you how to make some garlic cheese bread sticks from scratch using French bread. It pairs well with most Italian dishes and soups, but you could easily serve this as a standalone appetizer for dinner parties and such; it’s absolutely fantastic for sharing as well.
How to Make Garlic Cheese Bread Sticks
It takes less than 20 minutes to prepare these perfectly cheesy (and garlicky) bread sticks completely from scratch:
- Preheat the oven. Preheat your oven to 400℉.
- Prepare the baking sheet. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare the garlic butter. Use a small bowl to combine the softened butter, minced garlic cloves, garlic powder and chopped fresh parsley.
- Spread. Spread each cut side of the French bread with the garlic butter.
- Add toppings. Top with shredded cheddar and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake. Place the bread on the prepared baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes (or until golden and bubbly).
- Garnish. Remove the bread from the oven and sprinkle with extra chopped parsley.
- Serve. Cut the bread into bread stick sized pieces and serve.
Can I Freeze These Garlic Cheese Bread Sticks?
You can store these garlic cheese bread sticks for up to 3 months.
You’ll first need to allow them to cool completely after coming out of the oven. You can then either wrap them tightly in aluminum foil or transfer them into a freezer-safe ziploc bag to store in the freezer.
How to Reheat Garlic Cheese Bread Sticks
Here are a couple of suggested ways to reheat your garlic cheese bread sticks so that you can preserve as much of their original texture as possible:
- Oven. Reheat the bread sticks in the oven at 350℉ until they are heated through.
- Microwave. Microwave the bread sticks on a damp piece of paper towel on low for 20 to 30 seconds.
What to Serve with These Garlic Cheese Bread Sticks
- Marinara Sauce
- Ranch dip
- Soft cheese
(Also try: Addictive Homemade Garlic Naan Bread)Print
Quick and Easy Garlic Cheese Bread Sticks
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 17 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- 1 loaf French bread, cut in half lengthwise
- ½ cup salted butter, softened
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley plus extra for garnish
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl combine the butter, garlic powder, minced garlic and parsley.
- Spread each cut side of the bread with garlic butter.
- Top with shredded cheddar and mozzarella.
- Place on the prepare baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven.
- Sprinkle with extra chopped parsley.
- Cut into pieces and serve.