Oh So Comforting Garlic Butter Rice
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 ½ cups white long grain rice
- 2 ½ cups chicken broth
- ¼ cup scallions, finely sliced
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the sliced garlic.
- Reduce the heat to medium low.
- Cook the garlic, stirring frequently and flipping the slices periodically, until the garlic slices are golden brown in color.
- Transfer the slices to a plate and set aside.
- Add 2 tablespoons of butter to the skillet.
- Add the minced garlic to the skillet and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the rice and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the chicken broth and stir to combine.
- Cover with a lid and cook for 12-15 minutes or until liquid is all absorbed by the rice.
- Remove from the heat and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid.
- Add the remaining butter and stir to melt and combine.
- Add the chopped scallions and stir to combine.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Top with garlic slices and serve.