Oh So Comforting Garlic Butter Rice
Not many people are familiar with the magic that is a proper garlic butter rice at the end of a long day. This is excellent with leftover proteins or as a quick addition to make-ahead meals because it’s already so tasty on its own. Try it with your favorite grilled chicken, or even with some pork chops or steak.
How to Make Garlic Butter Rice
It really is this straightforward and easy to make this unbelievably addictive garlic butter rice recipe from scratch:
- Prepare the cooking skillet. Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the sliced garlic. Add the sliced garlic cloves.
- Reduce the heat. Reduce the heat to medium low.
- Cook the garlic. Cook the garlic, stirring frequently and flipping the slices periodically, until the garlic slices are golden brown in color.
- Set aside. Transfer the garlic slices to a plate and set aside.
- Add the butter. Add 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter to the skillet.
- Cook the minced garlic. Add the minced garlic cloves to the skillet and cook for 30 seconds.
- Cook the rice. Add the white long rain rice and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the broth. Add the chicken broth and stir to combine.
- Cook. Cover the skillet with a lid and cook for 12 to 15 minutes (or until the liquid is all absorbed by the rice).
- Add more butter. Remove the lid and add in the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter. Stir to melt and combine.
- Add the scallions. Add the finely sliced scallions and stir to combine.
- Season. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Garnish. Top with garlic slices.
- Serve. Serve the garlic butter rice warm.
What to Serve with Garlic Butter Rice
The great thing about this garlic butter rice is that it goes so incredibly well with a wide variety of dishes. Here are some of our top suggestions for what to serve along with your rice:
- Meat (chicken, beef, pork, etc)
- Seafood (salmon, lobster, shrimp, etc)
- Steamed vegetables
- Wraps, burritos and enchiladas
- Salads and soups
How Long Will Garlic Butter Rice Stay Fresh?
You’ll be able to keep your leftover garlic butter rice stored in the fridge for up to 3 to 4 days as long as it’s properly stored.
Allow the rice to cool completely before transferring into airtight containers to store in the fridge for best results.
Tips for Reheating Garlic Butter Rice
When ready to reheat your garlic butter rice, add a few drops of water to the rice and then cover with a damp (not wet) piece of paper towel. You can then microwave the rice on low for 30 to 60 seconds, depending on your microwave settings.
(Also try: Pineapple and Spam Fried Rice)Print
Oh So Comforting Garlic Butter Rice
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 ½ cups white long grain rice
- 2 ½ cups chicken broth
- ¼ cup scallions, finely sliced
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the sliced garlic.
- Reduce the heat to medium low.
- Cook the garlic, stirring frequently and flipping the slices periodically, until the garlic slices are golden brown in color.
- Transfer the slices to a plate and set aside.
- Add 2 tablespoons of butter to the skillet.
- Add the minced garlic to the skillet and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the rice and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the chicken broth and stir to combine.
- Cover with a lid and cook for 12-15 minutes or until liquid is all absorbed by the rice.
- Remove from the heat and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid.
- Add the remaining butter and stir to melt and combine.
- Add the chopped scallions and stir to combine.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Top with garlic slices and serve.
Ask a Question Rate this Recipe