Garlic bread can be paired with so many different meals, especially pasta dishes. With that in mind, why not try making your own homemade garlic bread with this recipe for making the best 10-minute garlic bread? It takes no time at all, but it adds a special touch to any meal.
How to Make the Best Garlic Bread
Making your own homemade garlic bread is super easy thanks to this 10-minute recipe:
- Preheat the oven. Preheat your oven to 450℉.
- Prepare the baking sheet. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare the garlic butter mixture. Add the melted butter, grated Parmesan, minced garlic cloves and chopped parsley to a small bowl and mix to combine.
- Spread on bread. Spread each cut side of the French bread with garlic butter.
- Season. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Bake. Place the bread on the prepared baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes (or until golden).
- Serve. Cut the garlic bread into pieces and serve warm.
3 Tips for Keeping Homemade Garlic Bread Fresh
There are a few things that you can do in order to keep your garlic bread fresh for as long as possible. Just follow these simple tips:
- Store at room temperature. You don’t need to refrigerate your garlic bread; in fact, storing it in the fridge can actually cause it to dry out quicker. Wrap the garlic bread tightly in either plastic wrap or aluminum foil and it will last for up 1 to 2 days (don’t keep it for any longer than that because the butter used will begin to turn rancid after a couple of days at room temperature).
- Freezing is an option. Freezing garlic bread is a good option if you want to extend the shelf life without drying it out in the fridge. Allow the bread to cool completely after baking, and then wrap it tightly in plastic wrap. Put the wrapped bread into a freezer bag, remove any excess air, and freeze for up to 3 months.
- How to reheat frozen garlic bread. Allow the garlic bread to thaw out overnight in the fridge. Once the bread has thawed, put it in the oven at 350℉ for 10 minutes (or until it’s heated through).
Use Leftover Garlic Bread In:
Here are some tasty suggestions for things you can do with your leftover garlic bread:
- Make garlic bread croutons to add to soups.
- Make mini garlic bread sandwiches to go with your favorite dips.
- Top with pizza ingredients and toast them to make mini garlic bread pizzas.
(Also try: Garlic Bread Grilled Cheese Sandwich)Print
The Best 10-Minute Garlic Bread (Try this!)
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- 1 loaf French bread, cut in half lengthwise
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- salt and black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl combine the butter, Parmesan, garlic and parsley.
- Spread each cut side of the bread with garlic butter.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Place on the prepare baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes or until golden.
- Cut into pieces and serve.