In my household, we love practical recipes that are easy to make even with minimal recipes. This addictive and creamy stovetop garlic alfredo sauce is something we always have in the fridge to quickly reheat with some pasta or even with just some regular baked chicken. It’s such a great staple to have around.
How to Make Garlic Alfredo Sauce
Follow these simple recipe instructions and you’ll have your own homemade (and oh so delicious) creamy garlic alfredo sauce ready to go in no time at all:
- Prepare the cooking skillet. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook the garlic. Add the minced garlic cloves and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the cream. Reduce the heat to low and add in the heavy cream.
- Add the seasoning. Add in the Italian seasoning and salt and black pepper to taste.
- Whisk. Whisk to combine.
- Cook. Cook the mixture for 3 minutes (or until it has slightly thickened).
- Add the Parmesan. Add the grated Parmesan cheese and whisk until melted.
- Serve. Serve the alfredo sauce immediately.
What to Serve with Garlic Alfredo Sauce
This homemade garlic alfredo sauce seriously goes with so many different foods. Here are some incredibly yummy suggestions to get you started:
- Pasta dishes
- Roasted veggies (broccoli, asparagus, green beans, etc.)
- Grilled meats and seafood (chicken, beef, shrimp, etc.)
- Bread and pita chips (especially garlic bread)
- Mashed potatoes
How to Store Homemade Garlic Alfredo Sauce
If you’re planning on storing your homemade garlic alfredo sauce, you’ll first need to make sure that you allow it to cool completely. Then you can transfer the sauce into an airtight container or a glass jar and store in the fridge for up to 6 days.
Alternatively, you can freeze the alfredo sauce. Once again, cool completely and then transfer into resealable freezer bags. Label the bags with the date and freeze for up to 6 months.
Stovetop Garlic Alfredo Sauce
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 minutes
- Total Time: 6 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- ½ cup butter
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- ½ tsp Italian Seasoning
- 2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the heavy cream.
- Add the Italian seasoning and salt and back pepper to taste.
- Whisk to combine.
- Cook for 3 minutes or until slightly thicken.
- Add the Parmesan and whisk until melted.
- Serve immediately.