Crispy Fried Green Beans with Onion Dip
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 egg
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- salt and black pepper to taste
- oil for frying
For the onion dip:
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ cups diced onions
- ¾ cups sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- salt to taste
- To make the dip, heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until caramelized.
- Remove from the heat.
- Add the mayonnaise, sour cream, garlic powder, white pepper and caramelized onion and mix to combine.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Heat 2 to 3 inches of oil in a deep heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Add the egg and water to a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add the flour, garlic powder and onion powder and whisk to combine.
- Dip the green beans in batter.
- Repeat this step.
- Fry the green beans in batches (8-10 green beans at a time) for 4- 5 minutes or until golden brown, turning occasionally.
- Serve immediately with sauce.