One of my favorite ways to relax and unwind at the end of a long day is by enjoying a refreshing cucumber vodka soda. This easy cucumber cocktail is seriously the best and makes for an incredibly refreshing cocktail.
How to Make Homemade Cucumber Vodka Soda
- Prepare the ingredients. Peel the cucumber and chop it up. Squeeze out ½ cup of fresh lime juice.
- Blend. Add cucumber pieces to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Strain well. Pour the blended cucumber mixture through a fine mesh sieve.
- Combine in a large pitcher. Combine the cucumber juice, freshly squeezed lime juice, honey, and vodka in a large pitcher.
- Refrigerate. Keep the soda in the fridge for a minimum of one hour.
- Serve over ice. Remove from the fridge and mix in seltzer water before serving over ice.
Is Cucumber Vodka Soda Low in Calories?
One of my favorite things about making this vodka soda recipe is the fact that it’s actually quite a low calorie drink option. Check out this breakdown per glass:
- Cucumber calories – 7
- Freshly squeezed lime juice calories – 30
- Vodka calories – 70
- Honey calories – 48
- Seltzer water calories – 0
Total calories – 155 calories per glass
As you can see, when you compare it to most store brand vodka soda drinks, this is quite the low calorie alternative indeed.
Are There Any Alternatives I Can Use For Honey?
A great alternative ingredient for honey that can be effortlessly swapped in at a 1:1 ratio is agave nectar syrup.
It offers an identical amount of calories (48) and pairs perfectly with the rest of this cucumber vodka soda recipe.
How Long Will Vodka Soda Keep in the Refrigerator?
Making your own cucumber infused vodka like this works so well because of how the alcohol works to preserve the cucumber and other ingredients. Normally, cut-up cucumbers will only last in the fridge for 1-2 days. But when used in this recipe, thanks to the alcohol preservation, you can expect the vodka mixture to last in the fridge for up to one week.
(You may also like: Homemade Hibiscus-Infused Vodka)Print
Homemade Cucumber Vodka Soda with Fresh Lime and Raw Honey
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 3 medium cucumbers, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- ½ cup vodka
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 cups cold seltzer water
- crushed ice
- Place the cucumber to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture through a fine mesh sieve, and using a spatula, press the pulp into the sieve to extract as much liquid as possible.
- In a large pitcher combine the honey, vodka, lime juice and cucumber juice.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Remove from the fridge and add the seltzer water.
- Serve over ice.
3 More Amazing Homemade Cucumber Recipes To Try Next
If you loved making your own vodka soda with cucumbers from home using this recipe, just wait until you try out these 3 other cucumber recipes. They’re each among my personal favorites.
- Creamy Dill Cucumber Salad with Sour Cream and Fresh Baby Dill – Fresh baby dill really elevates my go-to cucumber salad.
- Tangy Onion Vinegar Cucumber Salad (So Easy and Refrigerates Well!) – If you love great tasting tangy salads, then this recipe could very well be your next go to salad recipe.
- OMG-worthy Cucumber Sandwich Recipe (Easy, Quick and Craveable) – Need to make a healthy lunch in a hurry? This cucumber sandwich recipe never disappoints, and the cucumber certainly adds a satisfying crispness to it.