Craveable Cucumber Sandwich (Quick and Easy Recipe!)
This is the best cucumber sandwich ever! It is really easy to make and works with any fresh cucumber.
Sandwiches like this easy cucumber sandwich make such a satisfying (and quick meal). Two of my other favorites are my Thick Cut Tomato Sandwich and Garlic Bread Grilled Cheese Sandwich.
How to Make Cucumber Sandwiches
- Prepare the ingredients. Slice the cucumber into thin slices. Chop up the fresh dill and fresh chives into small pieces.
- Combine the ingredients. Add the cream cheese, mayonnaise, dill, chives, and garlic powder to a bowl. Mix well.
- Season. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Make the sandwiches. Spread the cream cheese mixture on one side of all of the bread slices. Top one bread slice with a cucumber slice and cover with another bread slice.
- Cut the sandwich diagonally.
3 Best Types of Bread to Use with Cucumber Sandwiches
The type of bread you use when making a sandwich definitely matters. Here are what I think are the 3 best types of bread to use when making your cucumber sandwiches:
- White bread with the crust removed
- Whole wheat bread with the crust removed
- Pumpernickel bread
Can I Make This Cucumber Sandwich Ahead?
You can definitely make these sandwiches ahead of time. If you plan on doing so, here’s what I recommend:
- Hold off on slicing up the cucumber until you’re ready to make the sandwiches so that your bread won’t get soggy. Also, take note that cucumber slices usually only stay good for 1-2 days in the refrigerator.
- You can prepare the cream cheese mixture ahead and refrigerate it until you’re ready to use.
- If you do make the sandwiches and want to store them in the refrigerator, keep them sealed up in an airtight container and individually wrapped. These sandwiches are best consumed within 1-2 days of making them.
Can I Use Dried Herbs Instead of Fresh Herbs?
You can use dried herbs instead of fresh herbs if you would prefer. Personally, I like using fresh herbs because I find the flavors more potent.
Fresh dill is packed full of essential vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants and may help protect you from diseases like cancer and heart disease. (1)
Fresh chives are just as nutrient-dense. They’re a rich source of micronutrients, disease fighting antioxidants, and anti-inflammatory compounds. (2)
As far as sandwich recipes go, there’s no denying that you get a ton of bang for your buck when it comes to nutritional value with this one.
(Also try: Cucumber Martini)Print
Craveable Cucumber Sandwich (Quick and Easy)
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh chives, chopped
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 2 medium cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 loaf sliced bread
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Add the cream cheese, mayonnaise, dill, chives, garlic powder to a bowl and mix to combine.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- To make the sandwich, spreed the cream cheese mixture on one side of all bread slices.
- Top one bread slice with cucumber.
- Cover with another bread slice.
- Remove the crust if desired.
- Cut the sandwich diagonally.
- Prepare all sandwiches in the same way.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Other Great Sandwich Recipes You Can Make With Your Own Garden Veggies
There’s just something so incredibly comforting about making sandwiches with your own homegrown veggies. Here are a few of my other favorite sandwich recipes to make with vegetables in my garden:
- The Best Garlic Bread Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Caramelized Onions – This recipe combines three of everyone’s favorite things: garlic, caramelized onions, and grilled cheese.
- Thick Cut Tomato Sandwich with Homemade Garlic Mayo – Just wait until you try the tangy and flavorful homemade garlic mayo in this healthy sandwich recipe.
More Good Cucumber Sandwich Recipes
- High Society Cucumber Sandwiches (Hurry the Food Up)
- Lemony Cucumber Cream Cheese Sandwiches (Chew Out Loud)
- Cucumber Sandwiches With Tzatziki Sauce (Pickled Plum)
- Cucumber and Dill Baguette Sandwiches (Salt & Baker)
- Tomato Cucumber Sandwich (Indian Healthy Recipes)
- Jalapeno Cucumber Sandwiches (Midwexican)
- Cucumber Sandwich Spread (Chips & Pepper)
- Mediterranean Turkey Cucumber Sandwich (Beautiful Eats & Things)
- Tuna Cucumber Sandwiches (Skinny Ms.)
- Cucumber and Avocado Sandwich (Good Life Eats)
Ask a Question Rate this Recipe