One of my favorite low carb drinks to enjoy recently is an old fashioned cucumber martini. I love how refreshing they are and how it takes no time at all to make. I find this to be one of my favorite go-to recipes whenever I have guests over because it’s always a crowd pleaser as well. Here’s the recipe.
How to Make a Cucumber Martini
- Prepare the cucumber. Wash the cucumber thoroughly before cutting it into 3 thick slices.
- Release the juice. Add the cucumber slices into a cocktail shaker and gently muddle to release the juice.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Add the vodka, dry vermouth, and ice.
- Shake. Shake the martini until it’s cold.
- Strain. Strain the martini into a glass.
- Serve. Serve immediately.
Can I Make This Cucumber Martini Ahead?
You can definitely make this cucumber martini ahead of time. Just keep in mind that you won’t be able to make it too far ahead of time because the cucumber juice will only stay fresh for about 3 to 5 days.
However, by adding in dry vermouth, you can extend the shelf life of your cucumber martinis considerably. You’ll be able to keep this drink mix in the fridge for up to 7 days.
With that in mind, it’s not a bad idea to make a jug or two of this cucumber martini especially if you’re pressed for time.
Can I Add Anything Else to This Cucumber Martini?
Customizing your martini drinks can be half of the fun in making them. So with that in mind, here are a few suggestions if you’re planning on making any additions to this particular cucumber martini recipe:
- Add a tiny bit of tabasco sauce to give it a spicy kick.
- Add a splash of lime juice or lemon juice to give it a more tart flavor (pairs quite well with the cucumber juice).
- Add some chopped fresh mint leaves to give it a delightful aftertaste of mint.
Can You Recommend Any Other Vodka Martini Flavors?
As refreshing as a good cucumber martini can be, the fact remains that not everyone is a fan of cucumber drinks. With that in mind, here are some more flavor combination suggestions for making ridiculously tasty martinis (some of them just might even surprise you).
- Blueberry martini
- Peach pomegranate martini
- Lotus blossom martini (made with sake and lychee fruit)
- Apple cider martini
- Coconut martini
- Kiwi martini
- Banana split martini
(You may also like: 4-Ingredient Hibiscus Cocktail)Print
How to Make the Best Cucumber Martini (This is so good!)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- 3 thick cucumber slices
- 2 ½ ounces vodka
- ½ ounce dry vermouth
- 1 cup ice
- Add the cucumber slices to a cocktail shaker.
- Gently muddle to release the juice.
- Add the vodka, vermouth and ice.
- Shake until cold.
- Strain into a glass and serve.