This recipe for making creamy chicken garlic breasts has got to be one of the tastiest recipes you could make in less than 30 minutes. It’s a skillet recipe, so it’s great for a no-fuss lunch or dinner when you’re short on time.
How to Make Creamy Chicken Garlic Breasts
It will take you less than 30 minutes to prepare this addictive garlic chicken dinner from scratch:
- Season. Season the chicken breast cutlets with salt and black pepper.
- Prepare the cooking skillet. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook the chicken. Add the chicken and cook for 3 to 5 minutes per side (or until golden).
- Remove the chicken. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- Cook the mushrooms. In the same skillet, add the mushrooms and cook for 3 to 5 minutes (or until tender).
- Remove the mushrooms. Remove the mushrooms from the skillet.
- Add the butter. Add the butter to the skillet.
- Cook the garlic. After the butter has melted, add the minced garlic cloves and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the flour. Stir in the flour.
- Finish the sauce. Add the heavy cream (or half and half if you prefer), chicken broth, grated Parmesan cheese and garlic powder.
- Whisk. Whisk to combine.
- Cook. Cook for a few minutes or until the sauce has thickened to your liking.
- Cook the spinach. Add the baby spinach and cook until it’s just wilted.
- Toss. Return the chicken cutlets and mushrooms to the skillet and toss to combine.
- (Optional) Garnish. Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley if using.
- Serve. Serve the garlic chicken breasts warm.
3 Tips for Cooking with Chicken Breast Cutlets
Here are three easy to remember tips to keep in mind when cooking with chicken breasts; they should help to make sure that your chicken is always turning out as moist and flavorful as possible:
- Flatten the chicken first. Use a meat tenderizer or the bottom of a glass jar to flatten the chicken breasts to an even thickness before seasoning them.
- Slice the chicken evenly. It’s important to make sure that you’re slicing the chicken breasts into equally sized pieces so that they cook evenly.
- Get the seasoning right. There are dozens of different ways to season your chicken. When in doubt, stick with the all-time classic combo of salt and black pepper. If you’re looking for a low sodium option, you can’t go wrong with adding some fresh or dried herbs.
How to Store Leftover Creamy Garlic Chicken Breasts (and How to Reheat)
Before storing your leftover creamy garlic chicken breasts, you’ll first want to make sure that you allow them to cool completely. Then transfer the chicken into airtight containers and seal them up tightly.
You’ll be able to keep the chicken stored in the fridge like this for up to 3 to 4 days before it goes bad.
When you’re ready to reheat the chicken cutlets, you can just add them back into a cooking skillet with a bit of chicken stock or water – this will help to prevent the cutlets from drying out.
(Also try: Easy Stir-Fry Chicken with Garlic Sauce)Print
Creamy Garlic Chicken Breasts
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 pound chicken breast, sliced into thin cutlets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp flour
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream or half and half
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup baby spinach
- salt and black pepper to taste
- fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- Season the chicken with salt and black pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chicken and cook for 3-5 minutes per side or until golden.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet.
- In the same skillet add the mushrooms.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes or until tender.
- Remove the mushrooms from the skillet.
- Add the butter to the skillet.
- After the butter is melted, add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Stir in the flour.
- Add the heavy cream, chicken broth, parmesan and garlic powder.
- Whisk to combine.
- Cook for few minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- Add the spinach and cook until the spinach is just wilted.
- Return the chicken and mushrooms to the skillet and toss to combine.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley if using and serve.