This recipe will teach you a quick and easy way to make an OMG-worthy creamed spinach with cream cheese. You’ll even be working with garlic and cayenne pepper with this recipe, giving your creamed spinach a devilish mix of garlic and spiciness that really elevates this dish to a whole new level.
How to Make Creamed Spinach with Cream Cheese
It should only take you 15 minutes or less to prepare this delicious creamed spinach dish completely from scratch thanks to this easy to follow recipe:
- Prepare the cooking skillet. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook the onion. Add the chopped onion and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cook the garlic and cayenne pepper. Add the minced garlic cloves and cayenne pepper and cook for 30 seconds.
- Cook the spinach. Add the fresh spinach and cook, stirring frequently, until the spinach is wilted.
- Add the cream cheese. Add the cream cheese and continue cooking and stirring until the mixture is creamy.
- Add the parmesan. Stir in the grated parmesan cheese.
- Season. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Serve. Serve immediately.
What to Serve with Creamed Spinache
Here are some of our top suggestions for yummy sides to go with your creamed spinach with cream cheese:
- Oven-baked chicken breasts or thighs
- Fish (especially salmon)
- Pasta (spaghetti, mac and cheese, etc.)
- Roasted veggies or mashed potatoes
Can I Freeze Creamed Spinach with Cream Cheese? (+How to Reheat)
Yes, this creamed spinach with cream cheese freezes quite easily. Allow the spinach to cool completely after cooking and then transfer individual portion sizes into small freezer-safe airtight containers.
You can keep the creamed spinach in the freezer for up to 2 to 3 months.
When you’re ready to reheat the spinach, take it out of the freezer and thaw it out in the fridge overnight. Once thawed out, the best way to reheat the creamed spinach is definitely over the stove. Cook over a low heat, stirring frequently, until reheated.
You can also microwave your creamed spinach on high for 30-second intervals.
(Also try: Creamy Spinach Artichoke Dip)Print
Creamed Spinach with Cream Cheese (Easy Recipe!)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 pound fresh spinach
- 4 oz cream cheese
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the garlic and cayenne pepper and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the spinach and cook, stirring frequently, until the spinach is wilted.
- Add the cream cheese and continue cooking and stirring until the mixture is creamy.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper and serve.