Oh So Good Cilantro Garlic Sauce for Fish, Steak and Chicken
Whenever I make this cilantro garlic sauce for fish, steak and chicken, I’m reminded of how versatile it is and how quickly it can transform any dish. It’s vibrant and tasty, but it also allows any protein to shine through. Truly a sauce that you can slather on anything and it just works.
How to Make Cilantro Garlic Sauce
It’s super easy to make this cilantro garlic sauce from scratch; you’ll only need 5 simple ingredients and 5 minutes of prep time in order to have it ready to go thanks to this easy recipe:
- Combine the ingredients. Add the full-fat sour cream, minced garlic cloves, chopped cilantro, extra virgin olive oil, lime juice and salt to taste to a food processor and pulse a few times.
- Use or store. Either use the cilantro garlic sauce immediately or store until ready to use.
How to Use Cilantro Garlic Sauce as a Marinade
This cilantro garlic sauce works perfectly as a delicious and oh so garlicky marinade sauce for your favorite types of meat or seafood. Here’s how to use the sauce as a marinade:
- Prepare the sauce. Follow the recipe instructions to prepare the cilantro garlic sauce.
- Pour over meat/seafood. Pour the sauce over both sides of the meat or seafood; make sure that both sides are evenly coated.
- Cover. Cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate. Refrigerate for a minimum of 3 hours (or overnight).
- Bring to room temperature. Before cooking your meat or seafood, remove from the fridge and bring it to room temperature.
How to Store Cilantro Garlic Sauce
If you won’t be using the cilantro garlic sauce right away after making it, you’ll want to immediately transfer it into either a glass jar or an airtight. Seal the jar or container up tightly and keep it stored in the fridge for up to 7 days.
(Also try: Creamy Stovetop Garlic Alfredo Sauce)Print
Oh So Good Cilantro Garlic Sauce
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 cup 1x
- 8 ounces full-fat sour cream
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- salt to taste
- Place all the ingredients into a food processor and pulse a few times.
- Transfer to a jar and refrigerate until ready to use.
Ask a Question Rate this Recipe