Crave-worthy Chinese Eggplant with Garlic Sauce (Easy Stir Fry Recipe)
- 1 pound Chinese eggplant or regular eggplant, chopped into bite size pieces
- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- 4 large garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- ½ inch fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 4 scallions, sliced
For the sauce:
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- In a small bowl combine the soy sauce, honey, water and sesame oil.
- Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of peanut oil in a wok over high heat.
- Add the eggplant and stir-fry for a few minutes (about 5 minutes) until golden brown.
- Remove the eggplant from the wok and set aside.
- In the same wok, add the remanding peanut oil, ginger and garlic and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Return the eggplant into the wok.
- Stir in the soy sauce mixture and continue to stir fry for 2-3 minutes or until the sauce is thickened.
- Sprinkle with scallions and serve immediately.