Homemade Chili Garlic Sauce
- 8 oz fresh red chiles
- 2 garlic heads, peeled
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- Add the red chiles, garlic, water, salt, sugar and vinegar to a blender and blend until chunky.
- Take ¼ of blender mixture and set aside.
- Strain the remaining mixture.
- Add the strained juice and reserved chunk mixture to a saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat.
- In a small bowl combine the water and cornstarch.
- Add the cornstarch slurry to the pot and bring to boil.
- After reaching a boil, remove from heat.
- Set aside and allow to cool completely.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.