Easy Stir-Fry Chicken with Garlic Sauce
Making a healthy family dinner doesn’t have to be complicated, especially when you can turn to recipes like this one for making an easy stir-fry chicken with garlic sauce. This authentic Chinese recipe is super easy to follow and makes an incredibly tasty meal from scratch in less than 30 minutes. It even tastes better than take-out!
How to Make Stir-Fry Chicken
This easy to follow recipe will show you exactly how to make this authentic Chinese stir-fry (complete with a homemade garlic sauce) from scratch:
- Season the chicken. Season the chicken with salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- Prepare the cooking skillet. Heat your preferred cooking oil over high heat in a skillet.
- Cook the mushrooms and broccoli. Add the mushroom halves and broccoli florets and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Cook the pepper. Add the red bell pepper slices and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove the vegetables. Remove the veggies from the skillet.
- Stir-fry the chicken. Add the chicken breast pieces and stir-fry until done.
- Add the garlic sauce. Pour the homemade garlic sauce into the skillet (see below for details on how to make the sauce).
- Cook. Cook the stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes (or until the sauce has thickened to your liking).
- Return the vegetables. Add the veggies back to the skillet.
- Drizzle. Drizzle the stir-fry with sesame oil.
- Toss. Toss to combine.
- (Optional) Garnish. Top with thinly sliced scallions if using.
- Serve. Serve the stir-fry chicken warm.
Tips for Marinating Chicken for Stir-Fry
Here are a few tips to keep in mind for marinating chicken to use for stir-fry recipes like this one:
- Size matters. Slice the chicken breasts into equally sized, uniform pieces.
- Season beforehand. Season the chicken with salt and black pepper before marinating.
- Use the right marinade mixture ingredients. To end up with chicken that’s juicy and full of flavor in your stir-fry (and not bland and dried out), you’ll want to use a marinade mixture made with ingredients like chicken broth, cornstarch and brown sugar.
How to Make Homemade Garlic Sauce
Here’s how easy it is to quickly prepare the homemade garlic sauce:
- Combine the ingredients. Add the chicken broth, minced garlic cloves, brown sugar, soy sauce and cornstarch to a measuring glass and mix to combine.
- Pour. Pour the garlic sauce into the skillet and follow the recipe directions as normal.
How to Reheat Stir-Fry Chicken Leftovers
You’ll be able to keep leftover stir-fry chicken stored in the fridge as long as it’s sealed up tightly inside of an airtight container.
When you’re ready to reheat the leftovers, you’ll want to use either the stove top or the microwave:
- Stove top. Add a bit of olive oil into the stir fry and reheat over low to medium heat to avoid overcooking. Make sure to stir frequently while reheating.
- Microwave. Add a bit of water to the stir fry and cover with a damp piece of paper towel before microwaving until heated through; stir once in the middle of cooking.
(Also try: The Most Addictive Honey Garlic Pork Chops)Print
Easy Stir-Fry Chicken with Garlic Sauce
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 17 minutes
- Total Time: 27 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup mushrooms, halved
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- thinly sliced scallion for garnish (optional)
- Season the chicken with salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- Heat the cooking oil over high heat in a skillet.
- Add the mushrooms, broccoli and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the red pepper and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove the veggies from the skillet.
- Add the chicken and stir-fry until done.
- In a measuring glass combine chicken broth, minced garlic, sugar, soy sauce and cornstarch.
- Pour the sauce into the skillet.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Add the veggies back to the skillet.
- Drizzle with sesame oil.
- Toss to combine.
- Top with sliced scallion (if using) and serve.
Ask a Question Rate this Recipe