Addictive (And Easy) Chicken Pineapple Kabobs
For the marinade:
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup canned pineapple juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided, plus more for brushing grill
- 5 tsp rice vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- salt and black pepper to taste
For the kebabs:
- 1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, chopped into 1 cubes
- 3 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 2 large green peppers, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large red onion, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- To make the marinade, in a bowl combine all the ingredient and mix well.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Place the chicken in another bowl.
- Add half of the marinade and toss to coat.
- Let sit for 30 minutes.
- Thread the chicken, bell pepper, pineapple and onion onto skewers.
- Brush the kebabs with olive oil.
- Preheat a grill over medium heat to 400°F.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes on each side or until chicken is cooked through.
- Brush with remaining marinade 2-3 times during cooking.
- Serve immediately.