Crave-worthy Blueberry Muffins with Cinnamon Crumble Top
For the muffins:
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup melted butter
- 7 tbsp full fat milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
For the toping:
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup butter, cubed
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a bowl add the blueberries and 1 tablespoon of flour and toss to combine.
- Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper cups. Set aside.
- In a bowl combine the remaining flour, baking powder and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment beat the egg and sugar.
- Add the vanilla extract, milk and melted butter and beat until combined.
- Add the flour mixture and beat until incorporated.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Spoon the batter into muffin cups.
- To make the crumble, in a bowl combine all the ingredients.
- Sprinkle the muffins with crumb topping.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 ºF for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before serving.