This recipe will teach you how to make crave-worthy blueberry muffins with a cinnamon crumble top that’s simply to die for. Everything about this recipe is made completely from scratch, including the phenomenal cinnamon sugar crumble topping.
How to Make Blueberry Muffins
You’ll start by preparing the yummy blueberry muffins from scratch:
- Preheat the oven. Preheat your oven to 350℉.
- Prepare the blueberries. Add the fresh blueberries and one tablespoon of all-purpose flour to a bowl and toss to combine.
- Prepare the muffin pan. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper cups and set aside.
- Prepare the flour mixture. Add the remaining flour, baking powder and salt to a bowl and mix to combine.
- Beat the egg and sugar. Use the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment to beat the egg and granulated sugar.
- Add the vanilla, milk and butter. Add the pure vanilla extract, full fat milk and melted butter and beat until combined.
- Add the flour mixture. Add the flour mixture and beat until incorporated.
- Fold. Fold in the blueberries.
- Spoon the batter. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups.
- Add the crumble top. Sprinkle the muffins with the homemade cinnamon crumble top (see below for details on how to make).
- Bake. Bake the muffins in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes (or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean).
- Cool. Remove the muffins from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Serve. Serve the muffins once cool.
How to Make the Best Cinnamon Crumble Top
Here’s how to quickly and easily make the best homemade cinnamon crumble top:
- Combine the ingredients. Add the all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, butter cubes and ground cinnamon to a bowl and mix to combine.
- Add to the muffins. Sprinkle the cinnamon crumble top over top of the muffins before baking.
(Also try: Lemon Blueberry Muffins with Lemon Drizzle)
Are These Blueberry Muffins Healthy?
Yes, these homemade blueberry muffins are quite a healthy option that can be enjoyed for breakfast. Ingredients like fresh blueberries and cinnamon provide a solid amount of essential nutrients and antioxidants.
With that being said, if you’re looking for an incredibly healthy blueberry muffin recipe, take a look at this blueberry muffin recipe made with oatmeal and yogurt.
This recipe is also quite easy to modify. You can easily make dairy-free muffins that are also 100% vegan-friendly with just a few simple ingredient tweaks that end up making the muffins even healthier.
All you’ll have to do is swap out the all-purpose flour, butter and full fat milk for dairy and gluten-free options like almond flour, almond butter and full fat coconut milk.
(Also try: Raspberry Muffins with a Streusel Top)
(For something more dessert-like, take a look at these blueberry muffin cookies)Print
Crave-worthy Blueberry Muffins with Cinnamon Crumble Top
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
For the muffins:
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup melted butter
- 7 tbsp full fat milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
For the toping:
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup butter, cubed
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a bowl add the blueberries and 1 tablespoon of flour and toss to combine.
- Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper cups. Set aside.
- In a bowl combine the remaining flour, baking powder and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment beat the egg and sugar.
- Add the vanilla extract, milk and melted butter and beat until combined.
- Add the flour mixture and beat until incorporated.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Spoon the batter into muffin cups.
- To make the crumble, in a bowl combine all the ingredients.
- Sprinkle the muffins with crumb topping.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 ºF for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before serving.