Breakfast-worthy Blueberry Muffin Cookies
For the cookies:
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsps lemon juice
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
For the glaze:
- 1 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, cream the butter with white sugar and brown sugar until creamy.
- Add the egg, milk, vanilla extract, lemon zest and lemon juice and beat to combine.
- Add the flour mixture and mix to combine.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Drop the dough by rounded tablespoons onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-16 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- To make the glaze, in a small bowl combine all the ingredients.
- Drizzle the glaze over cookies.
- Allow to set before serving.