You’re going to love this 4-ingredient refrigerator blueberry jam on toast, waffles and so much more. It’s a tasty alternative to strawberry or raspberry jams, with just the right level of tartness to balance out the natural sweetness of the fruit.
How to Make Refrigerator Blueberry Jam
Here’s what you’ll need to do in order to make this homemade blueberry jam; keep in mind that you can use either fresh or frozen blueberries:
- Combine the ingredients. Add either fresh or frozen blueberries, granulated sugar, freshly squeezed lemon juice and finely grated lemon zest to a pot and stir to combine.
- Boil. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium high heat.
- Cook the jam. Reduce the heat to medium and cook the jam, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes (or until the mixture has thickened to your liking).
- Ladle. Ladle the jam into a sterilized jar.
- Seal the jar. Tightly seal the jar immediately.
- Refrigerate. Store the blueberry jam in the fridge until ready to use.
How to Store Blueberry Jam in the Refrigerator
After ladling the jam into a sterilized jar, you’ll want to seal the jar up tightly immediately. You can keep the jam stored in the fridge like this for up to 2 weeks before it spoils.
Can I Freeze Homemade Blueberry Jam?
Yes, you can easily freeze this 4-ingredient blueberry jam. Simply follow the recipe, ladle the jam into a sterilized jar, seal it up and allow it to cool completely. Then store the jar in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Blueberry Jam Variations
This particular blueberry jam recipe is also quite easy to modify. Since it only starts with 4 ingredients as a base, you can easily add in an extra option or 2 to make some yummy blueberry jam variations. Here are a few suggestions to get you started:
- Blueberry and blackberry jam
- Blueberry and lime jam
- Blueberry, lavender and honey jam
- Blueberry, star anise and apple cider vinegar jam
(Also try: Blueberry Compote)Print
4-Ingredient Refrigerator Blueberry Jam (Easy, Homemade Jam Recipe)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 1.5 cups 1x
- 1 pound blueberries, fresh or frozen
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- Add all the ingredients to a pot and stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, 15-20 minutes or until the mixture has thickened.
- Ladler into sterilized jar and seal immediately.
- Refrigerate for up to two weeks.