Crave-worthy Homemade Lemon Blueberry Ice Cream (try this!)
- 4 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 14-oz can sweetened condensed milk
- Add the blueberries, sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice to the saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, 15-20 minutes or until the mixture has thickened.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Add the mixture to a blender and blend until smooth.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in the sweetened condensed milk.
- Fold in the blueberry mixture.
- Freeze the mixture in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- If you don’t have an ice cream maker, transfer the chilled mixture to a lidded plastic container and freeze for minimum 4 hours or until set.