Brown Sugar Blueberry Baked Oatmeal (Easy Breakfast Casserole)
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ⅔ cups milk
- 1 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped
- ⅔ cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 2½ cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 2 tsp flour
- In a bowl add the rolled oats, ½ cup of pecans, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, nutmeg and salt and stir to combine
- In another bowl add the milk, eggs, melted butter and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix to combine.
- In another bowl add the blueberries and flour and toss to combine.
- Add 2 cups of blueberries to a lightly greased baking dish.
- Pour the oat mixture over the blueberries.
- Top with remaining blueberries and pecans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45-55 minutes or until set.