The Best Pickled Beets Ever
- Author: Emma - NurturedHomes.com
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- 1 pound beets
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- ¼ tsp black peppercorns
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Wrap the beets tightly in aluminum foil.
- Place the beets on a baking sheet.
- Bake the beets for 50-60 minutes or until easily pierced with a knife.
- Peel the beets and cut into wedges.
- In a saucepan combine the water, vinegar, honey and salt.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- In a jar pack the beets, mustard seeds and black peppercorns.
- Pour the hot vinegar mixture over the cucumbers.
- Put the lid on and leave to cool.
- Refrigerate for at least 5 days before eating.
- Store in the fridge for up to 1 month.