Quick and Easy Beef with Garlic Sauce
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 10 pound flank steak, sliced
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- In a large stockpot, bring the water to a rolling boil over medium-high heat.
- Season with salt.
- Add the broccoli and cook for 1-2 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and cool under cold water.
- Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the beef and stir-fry until done.
- Add the carrot and cook for 1 minute.
- In a small bowl combine soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sugar, garlic, ginger, pepper flakes, cornstarch and water.
- Add the sauce to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Add the cooked broccoli and sesame oil and toss to combine.
- Cook for 1 minute.
- Serve warm.