Smoothies can be a fantastic way to start your day off with a super convenient and nutritious breakfast. You can add in some fruit, vegetables, nuts, seeds, and even some nut butter or yogurt in there for good measure. With that in mind, check out this recipe for making a nutrient-dense (and oh so delicious) banana spinach smoothie.
How to Make Banana Spinach Smoothies
You’ll first need to prep and freeze your banana rounds before you can use them to make this yummy banana spinach smoothie recipe:
- Slice the banana. Use a sharp knife to slice the banana into ¼ to ½ inch rounds.
- Prepare a baking sheet. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Flash freeze. Arrange the banana rounds on the prepared baking sheet and flash freeze them.
- Blend. Add the frozen banana rounds, milk and fresh spinach to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve. Serve the smoothie immediately.
3 Health Benefits of a Banana Spinach Smoothie
This banana spinach smoothie is packed full of essential nutrients that offer some impressive health benefits. Here are 3 health benefits you can gain by adding this smoothie into your diet:
- Loaded with essential vitamins and minerals. Both spinach and bananas are rich in essential vitamins and minerals, including vitamins A, C, K1, B6, potassium, folic acid, iron, calcium and more.
- Promotes heart health. This smoothie provides a solid amount of potassium from the banana and nitrates in spinach that can both help to reduce high blood pressure levels and relieve symptoms of hypertension. (1)(2)
- Good source of disease-fighting antioxidants. Bananas and spinach are both excellent sources of antioxidants. Spinach is particularly rich in both lutein and zeaxanthin, two essential antioxidants for eye health, while bananas contain several important antioxidant flavonoids such as catechins, which may help to reduce your risk of heart disease. (3)(4)
Add These Superfoods to YourBanana Spinach Smoothie
Here are some of our top suggestions for superfood additions to add to your homemade smoothies:
- Chia seeds
- Hemp seeds
- Raw cacao
- Matcha powder
- Camu camu
- Goji berries
- Maca powder
(Also try: Blueberry Banana Smoothie)Print
Banana Spinach Smoothie (Nutrient-Dense And Delicious!)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- 1 medium banana, sliced and frozen
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately.