Rum-Roasted Baked Pineapple Spears (Glazed, Caramelized and Addictive)
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp dark spiced rum
- 1 pineapple, peeled, sliced lengthwise into 8 wedges
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp toasted coconut chips
- vanilla ice cream for serving
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- In a small bowl combine the brown sugar and rum.
- Place the pineapple in a baking dish.
- Brush with rum mixture.
- Dot the pineapple with butter.
- Bake the pineapple in preheated oven for 30 minutes basting with pan juices every 10 minutes.
- Broil (grill) on high heat during the last 2-3 minutes of cooking until golden.
- Remove from the oven.
- Sprinkle with coconut and serve with ice cream.