Needless to say, our family loves to fire up the grill so we have plenty of tried-and-tested recipes to choose from. These rum-roasted baked pineapple spears are a favorite because they take so little time to make and are a fantastic treat to enjoy over a nightcap.
How to Make Rum-Roasted Baked Pineapple Spears
You’ll start by preparing the tasty brown sugar and spiced rum glaze to add to your pineapple spears:
- Preheat the oven. Preheat your oven to 375℉.
- Prepare the brown sugar and rum mixture. Add the brown sugar and dark spiced rum to a small bowl and mix to combine.
- Prep the pineapple. Place the pineapple wedges in a baking dish.
- Brush. Brush the pineapple with the brown sugar and rum mixture.
- Dot. Dot the pineapple with butter.
- Bake. Bake the pineapple in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, basting with pan juices every 10 minutes.
- Broil. Broil (grill) on high heat during the last 2 to 3 minutes of cooking until golden.
- Remove from the oven. Remove the pineapple from the oven.
- Garnish. Sprinkle with toasted coconut chips.
- Serve. Serve the pineapple spears with vanilla ice cream.
How to Peel and Core a Fresh Pineapple
Here’s how to quickly and easily peel and core your pineapple so that you can make this recipe:
- Remove the ends. Lay the pineapple on its side and use a large, sharp knife to cut off the top and bottom ends.
- Stand the pineapple upright. Stand the pineapple upright to allow the juices to fully permeate throughout.
- Peel the pineapple. Use the knife to cut vertically to shave the skin off in strips.
- Remove the eyes. Use the tip of the knife to carefully remove the eyes from the flesh of the pineapple.
- Core the pineapple. Cut the pineapple in half length-wise and then cut each half into quarters. Cut out the core from each quarter.
- Slice into spears. Slice the pineapple quarters into spears.
(Also try: Grilled Pineapple Steaks)Print
Rum-Roasted Baked Pineapple Spears (Glazed, Caramelized and Addictive)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp dark spiced rum
- 1 pineapple, peeled, sliced lengthwise into 8 wedges
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp toasted coconut chips
- vanilla ice cream for serving
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- In a small bowl combine the brown sugar and rum.
- Place the pineapple in a baking dish.
- Brush with rum mixture.
- Dot the pineapple with butter.
- Bake the pineapple in preheated oven for 30 minutes basting with pan juices every 10 minutes.
- Broil (grill) on high heat during the last 2-3 minutes of cooking until golden.
- Remove from the oven.
- Sprinkle with coconut and serve with ice cream.