I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve been asked to make this recipe, but it’s almost always a hit whenever I bring it to someone’s house for a potluck. Whenever people ask me for the recipe, they’re always so surprised that I don’t use regular mayonnaise and instead use raw apple cider vinegar, mustard, oil and honey instead.
The Best Coleslaw Without Mayonnaise
I was never a huge fan of mayonnaise to begin with, so when I came across this recipe that didn’t need any mayonnaise at all, I was sold.
(You may also like: Apple Cider Vinegar Dressing with No Oil and No Mustard)Print
Carolina Apple Cider Vinegar Coleslaw Without Mayo
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- 1 pound thinly sliced cabbage
- 1 cup grated carrot
- ½ cup raw apple cider vinegar
- 4 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp celery seeds
- ¼ cup oil of your choice
- salt, black pepper to taste
- Add the raw apple cider vinegar, honey, Dijon mustard, dried mustard and celery seeds to a bowl. Mix to combine.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Place the cabbage, carrot and apple cider mixture to a large bowl.
- Toss to combine.
- Taste and add more salt or black pepper if necessary.