If you’re looking for something simple that’s packed with sweet and savory flavors, this recipe for making maple syrup air fryer pineapple with lime and chili is the perfect option. The pineapple slices end up tasting devilishly sweet, with just the right amount of spice at the end. Yum!
How to Make Maple Syrup Air Fryer Pineapple
The homemade maple syrup mixture that you’ll be making in this recipe is so good that you’ll want to add it to everything:
- Prepare the maple syrup mixture. Add the brown sugar, lime juice, olive oil, maple syrup, chili powder and salt to a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Add the pineapple. Add the pineapple slices and toss to coat.
- Preheat the air fryer. Preheat your air fryer to 375℉.
- Prep the pineapple. Place the pineapple slices in a single layer in the fry basket and insert into the air fryer.
- Cook. Cook the pineapple for 10 minutes, turning halfway during cooking until golden.
- Repeat. Remove the pineapple slices from the basket and repeat this process for the remaining slices.
- Serve. Serve the pineapple slices warm.
2 Quick Tips for Cooking with an Air Fryer
Here are 2 quick and useful tips to keep in mind when cooking recipes like this with an air fryer:
- Always grease the basket. It can be incredibly helpful to take a moment to lightly grease the air fryer basket before using it to make sure that your food doesn’t stick.
- Don’t overfill the basket. If you put too much food in the basket there’s a good chance that it won’t end up properly crisping. Arrange your food in an even layer to ensure that everything turns out perfectly crispy.
3 Science-Backed Health Benefits of Pineapple
Pineapple is actually quite a nutritious fruit that offers up some impressive health benefits. With that being said, here are 3 science-backed health benefits that you can gain by adding pineapple to your diet:
- Improved digestion. Pineapple is the sole food source of an enzyme called bromelain that helps the body digest protein. There’s also evidence that bromelain may even have therapeutic uses for the respiratory and circulatory systems. (1)
- Reduced risk of disease. It’s also an excellent source of disease-fighting antioxidants that can help to lower your risk of developing certain diseases by scavenging harmful free radicals from the body. (2)
- Relieves inflammation within the body. Considering that chronic inflammation is a huge cause of disease in modern life, this last benefit is one of the most important. Nutrients found in pineapples can help to relieve chronic inflammation and even help to relieve symptoms of arthritis. (3)
(Also try: Pineapple Coconut Cake Bars)Print
Maple Syrup Air Fryer Pineapple with Lime and Chili
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled, sliced, cored and cut into bite sized pieces
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 ½ tsp chili powder
- pinch of salt
- In a bowl combine the brown sugar, lime juice, olive oil, maple syrup, chili powder and salt and mix well.
- Add the pineapple and toss to coat.
- Preheat air fryer to 375°F.
- Place the pineapple slices in a single layer in the fry basket and insert into the air fryer.
- Cook for 10 minutes, turning halfway during cooking until golden.
- Remove the slices from the basket.
- Repeat this process with the remaining slices.
- Serve warm.